USB to CENTRONICS HPCN36 IEEE-1284 C ConnectorIncludes HPCN36 Adapter and USB to CN36 Cable.
This Half Pitch Connector is very popular on some the Older HP Product Printers.
Many new computers do not have a Parallel port.
This cable and adapter will allow you to make the Connection.
Example Models of Printers.
LJ 5, 6, 1100, 3100, 3150, 8000, 8100 series
Color LJ 4500, 4550, 8550 series
OFFICEJET All-in-ones R40, R45, R60, R65, R80, G55, G85, G95, PSC500
All other Models with IEEE-C Connector.
This is a small Centronics connector
I Know this is obvious But I need to add it anyways.
Because we are getting returns on the Item Because the Customer is not checking to see if the Operating System Supports the Printer.
YOUR PRINTER MUST SUPPORT THE OPERATING SYSTEM
HP Driver Link.-VISTA
Multi Functions will Not Work : Example Fax and Scanner. Only Printing Works.
VERY IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS FOR WINXP, VISTA, WINDOWS-7 WINDOWS-8 The CDROM IS Not USED.
Do not plug USB Parallel Converter into Printer and load drivers.
1. First Plug it into a powered up computer alone (No Printer). Wait for the Driver to Load.
2. Reboot Computer. Do not attach the Printer to the USB Parallel Cable.
3. Once the Computer is restarted with the USB to Parallel converter installed.
4. Then Plug the Parallel port into the Turned off Printer.
5. Then Turn on the Printer.
6. Load New Printer Driver for your Operating System from HP.COM - Canon.com - Epson.com Etc. site
Additional Help from Microsoft Setting Printer Port Instructions:
Go to Control Panels.
Go to Printers.
Right Click on your Printer.
Select Ports TAB.
Select USB Virtual Printer Port.